APPLY FOR THE ASSISTANT MANAGER ROLE AT INDIGO PLUM!
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Location: Poulsbo, WA
Reports to Store Owner.
A DAY IN THE LIFE...
- Provide excellent customer service, exemplifying our our friendly and helpful reputation
- Oversee and process store orders, as well as organize and maintain inventory accurately
- Receive and process shipments of product daily in an efficient manner
- Provide mentoring and develop skills of sales associate team alongside other managers
- Take care of basic but vital store tasks including (but not limited to) keeping the till stocked with appropriate change at all times, notifying store owner when any store supplies or products need to be reordered etc.
- Maintain fresh and eye-catching merchandising throughout the store, training other team members on how to effectively merchandise the store front, creating window displays
- Staying up to date on trends, new brands, product technology, providing feedback and insight on buying decisions to store owner
Indigo Plum is open 7 days a week. You must be available to work a minimum 4 days a week (between 34-38 hours a week) with a maximum of 5 days per week and one weekend shift each week, alternating with the other assistant manager.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 2 years retail experience in footwear, clothing, accessories or similar retail background
- Sales lead and/or prior management experience
- Knowledge and experience ordering with vendors, re-ordering, special ordering
- Efficient in receiving shipments, writing purchase orders, managing and writing staff schedules, training new employees, staff training
- Administrative skills required: Emailing, delegating, prioritizing daily goals and tasks, ability to multi-task
- Exceptional customer service skills and sales skills
- Friendly and helpful personality; a natural people-person who loves to connect with our customers and go above and beyond for them
- Ability to take on multiple tasks and delegate, as needed, to sales associates
- Professional communication style to converse over phone or email with customers, vendors, and store owner
- Comfortable with using computers and the basics of social media communication
- Comfortable working on projects alone, but is also a team-player and enjoys collaborating with other associates and managers to reach common goals
COMPENSATION:Competitive hourly pay + monthly bonus opportunity + opportunities to receive complimentary and/or discounted product.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: All staff is required to wear a mask. Hand sanitizer is provided. Contactless credit card processing. Hand washing after handling money.
HOW TO APPLY: Please provide a cover letter and past work references with resume.